What Does it Mean When Personal Injury Attorneys Offer a ‘Free Consultation’?
When researching law firms and attorneys and reading information about your personal injury matter online, you will notice that many attorneys offer a free consultation. But what does it mean, and what happens during a free consultation with an attorney?
After contacting a personal injury attorney in Florida, they may either schedule a date and time for a free consultation or give you a free phone consultation right away. In fact, some law firms even send their lawyers to the victim’s home or hospital if their injury prevents them from visiting the office.
What to Expect During a Free Consultation with an Attorney
During a free consultation with an attorney, you can:
- learn about your legal rights;
- find out whether you can seek compensation for your injuries; and
- find out whether it makes sense to pursue a claim through a lawsuit.
When speaking with a lawyer during a free consultation, the attorney will listen to you, answer your questions, and inform you of all the legal options available in your case. An attorney will also explain how the legal system works and tell you how they could help you obtain compensation for your damages and losses.
During a consultation with an experienced attorney, you can find out about all the strengths and weaknesses of your case in order to understand whether it makes sense to file a lawsuit against the liable party. After learning more about your situation, the attorney will be able to determine whether they are ready to take on your case.
Why You Need to Speak with a Personal Injury Attorney
While you have a right to represent yourself in personal injury cases in Florida, there are several good reasons to work with a skilled personal injury attorney:
- Fault may not be immediately clear, or there may be several liable parties. Your attorney will help identify all at-fault parties in your accident in order to maximize your compensation. Or, if the other party is trying to blame you for the accident, your attorney could help you prove what caused your injury and collect evidence proving the other party’s fault.
- Determining how much your case is worth may not be easy. It is not uncommon for insurance companies to undervalue claims when the victim is not represented by reputable and knowledgeable attorneys. That’s why you need a lawyer to help you calculate all of your damages and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- While insurance claims adjusters may seem friendly and kind, they would never put your interests before the interests of their employer. Insurance companies generate profits by undervaluing and denying claims, so do not take it personally. It is advised to be represented by a Lakeland personal injury attorney to handle all communications and negotiations with your insurer.
Contact our lawyer Sanga Turnbull at The Turnbull Firm to get a free consultation and discuss your personal injury case. Our experienced attorney will identify all liable parties in your case, determine how much your claim is worth, and negotiate with insurance companies to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call at 863-324-3500 to schedule a free case review.