Orlando Truck Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucking is a large, important industry in the U.S. economy. Large trucks haul critical goods across the country, including Florida. There are millions of trucks on the roads every day of the week. This includes large freight vehicles, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other large trucks. All of these can pose a danger to other cars on the road. Distracted driving, fatigue, equipment malfunctions, and dangerous road conditions can all play a role in causing an accident.
When you’re injured in an accident with a truck driver, you may be wondering how to pursue compensation for your damages. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be entitled to receive reimbursement for some damages, including your medical expenses, loss of earnings, future medical costs, future lost wages, physical vehicle damage, and pain and suffering. To maximize your potential for compensation, it’s crucial to retain an experienced Orlando truck accident attorney.
Common Causes of Florida Truck Accidents
Numerous factors can lead to a large truck accident. Some of the most common causes of large truck accidents can include:
- Texting and driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for the weather or road conditions
- Driver fatigue
- Overloaded truck
- Tire, brake, or other equipment failures
- Alcohol or drug use, including over the counter medications
- Not obeying traffic laws, like failing to stop at a stop sign
- Unfamiliarity with the road
Any one, or a combination, of these factors, can result in a truck driver crashing into another vehicle. Drivers who spend too many hours on the road, who don’t follow traffic laws, and/or don’t conduct proper safety checks are at a higher risk of causing injuries to others. Accidents involving large trucks typically have more severe injuries due to the sheer weight difference between commercial trucks and small passenger vehicles.
Why You Should Retain an Orlando Truck Accident Attorney
Hiring a dedicated Orlando truck accident attorney is essential for several reasons. You want an attorney who has the skills and necessary experience to help you build the most persuasive case possible. You need an attorney who is a strong negotiator and understands the complexities of large truck accidents in Florida. Some of the ways a truck accident attorney can help you include:
- Conducting an independent and thorough investigation
- Gathering necessary documents and evidence to prove liability against the defendant
- Tracking down and speaking with witnesses who can corroborate your version of the events
- Hire any essential medical or reconstruction experts
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company and/or defense counsel
- Prepare your case for trial if it doesn’t settle in negotiations
- Preserve the statute of limitations
- Representing you throughout all court proceedings, including the trial itself
There are countless other tasks and legal procedures your attorney can help with depending on the circumstances of your case. That is why having an attorney on your side is essential in any personal injury case where moderate to serious injuries are involved.
Contact an Orlando Truck Accident Attorney Today
Were you or a loved one injured in a Florida truck accident? If so, let our knowledgeable Orlando truck accident attorneys help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact The Turnbull Firm today to schedule an initial consultation.