Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
Distracted driving accidents in Orlando seem to be on the rise. People engage in all sorts of activities while behind the wheel instead of placing their full concentration on the task of driving. The result is an endless stream of accidents and plenty of injured victims. Suppose you have recently been involved in a distracted driving accident, such as being hit by a driver who was texting while driving, and have suffered injuries.
In that case, you need to work with a skilled and experienced Orlando distracted driving accident attorney from The Turnbull Law Firm. Our Orlando car accident lawyer will listen to your story and offer you the legal advice you need. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries and losses, and we will work tirelessly to defend your rights. Set up your free, no-obligation initial consultation today.
Types Of Distracted Driving Actions
The CDC has reported that distracted driving accidents are a huge concern for drivers all around the country. The report indicates that every day about eight people lose their lives in the U.S. due to a distracted driver. They have defined distracted driving as any activity that causes a driver to take their eyes or mind off the act of driving. A mere few seconds of taking their eyes away from the road greatly increases the chance of being involved in a vehicle accident. These are the most common types of distracted driving actions that result in accidents:
When a driver takes their eyes off the road and glances around, accidents happen. This can be due to losing concentration while reading billboards, looking back to see what the kids are doing, searching for a phone or other object that has fallen on the floor or texting while driving.
These distractions take the driver’s mind off the task of driving. It is easy to get distracted when your kids cannot stop screaming in the back seat, or you are focused on speaking with a passenger or someone on the phone.
There are plenty of activities that call for a driver to let go of the wheel. They may be switching radio stations, adjusting the GPS, texting, eating, drinking, applying makeup and others. If you are concentrating on performing any of the above, you may cause an accident.
Types Of Accidents Caused By Distracted Driving
Distracted driving accidents come in many shapes and forms, including the following:
- Head-on collisions – Distracted drivers might veer into the path of oncoming vehicles, reacting too late to avoid the collision.
- Rear-end crashes – If the traffic flow ahead of them suddenly stops, the distracted driver might not react in time to avoid crashing into the vehicle ahead of them.
- Multicar pileups – A distracted driver may not be able to avoid an accident caused by another driver and may end up colliding with those vehicles that have already crashed.
- Rollover accidents – A distracted driver could take a turn at high speed and then be forced to perform an evasive maneuver to avoid hitting an object, pedestrian or another car. This jolting motion may tip their car over, causing a rollover crash.
- T-bone collisions – While driving with their eyes off the road, distracted drivers may end up running a red light or just plowing through an intersection without being aware of the proper right-of-way and crashing into the side of other vehicles.
Get The Representation You Deserve
Suppose you were injured in a distracted driving accident, such as while the other driver was texting and driving. In that case, you need to work with a distracted driving accident attorney from The Turnbull Law Firm to get the compensation you deserve. By working with an attorney, you will be able to concentrate on recovering your health while your attorney conducts the necessary investigation into the accident to build a strong case on your behalf.
Knowing how much your injuries are worth is key to receiving the compensation you deserve. We will work with your health care providers to obtain your medical records, establish the value of your economic and noneconomic damages and fight to get you the resources you need.
There is no time to waste; reach out to us right away for an initial consultation by calling 863-336-6993 or clicking this link. We will listen to your story, get all your questions answered and provide you with a clear legal pathway to pursue your case. We will be glad to provide you with a free, no-obligation case review.